Men: 8:15 - 10:00 a.m.
Women: 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Monday–Saturday (After Breakfast)
With the intention of offering affordable food & beverages, the cafe is open Monday–Friday after breakfast in the Resource Center.
Mail & Phone Message Service
You may receive mail at the Jesus Center for a fee of $5 per month. Mail can be picked up Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, and Wednesdays from 10:30 am - 4:00pm.
Phone message service is available at no charge. Please review the message board in the hallway outside of the Resource Center to collect messages.
Check In: Every Afternoon 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
An overnight only shelter for women (at least 18 years old), and children (boys to 12 years old). You must be drug-free (able to pass a drug test) and sober to stay in the Sabbath House.
Sabbath House is located upstairs at the Jesus Center. If you are interested in obtaining housing at the Sabbath House, you may call and leave a message at (530) 899-9343 or send us an email.
Job Link assists individuals in integrating into the community and to fulfill their employment aspirations. The process is as follows:
- Come in meet staff and other participants in program.
- Invitation to program meeting held once a week.
- Fill out initial intake form & Tour of program
- Begin Action Plan for program with Outreach & Engagement Associate.
The Job Link Action Plans allow participants to discuss and set reasonable goals for their future in particular regard to community integration & employment.
Services that can be included in making your plan may include health care, mental health care, chemical dependency treatment, vocational rehabilitation goals, housing and financial assistance, and any other things that you identify as a support or personal goal. You can also address life areas that you are not satisfied with or need more help with. You may want to set goals and develop an action plan that addresses some or all of the following life areas:
- Recovery & Wellness Community Participation
- Physical Health & Wellness Legal
- Vocational/Educational Spirituality
- Employment Other
Participants will meet and discuss their Action Plan with a staff member each week discussing progress, success or modifications of goals. Action Plan includes making schedule for participation in volunteering opportunities, in conjunction with On the Job Training (OJT).
- Bible Study is held Monday through Friday in the Dining Room immediately following breakfast.
- Manger Pet Clinic comes to the Jesus Center parking lot on the 3rd Saturday of each month, (rain or shine) from 1pm-3pm.
- North Valley Payee Services is in the Resource Center on Thursdays by appointment. Ask the receptionist in the Resource Center if you need to make an appointment, or for more information.
- Haircuts available on Tuesdays 12:30 - 2:30 in the Free Store.
- Social Services of Butte County—A representative from Social Services of Butte County is in the Resource Room on Tuesday mornings from 9a-11am and can offer guidance with General Assistance, Food Stamps, and Medi-Cal.
- Crisis Counseling Services (North Valley Catholic Social Services) are available at the Jesus Center through a grant by Butte County Behavioral Health.